Lauren advises clients on a variety of corporate matters, including investment rounds, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and general company law. Lauren trained and worked at Herbert Smith Freehills in their corporate energy team, including over three years in Russia, before joining Ignition in 2019.
Relevant experience includes:
- Advising the shareholders of Vox Financial Partners Limited on the sale of the company to a trade buyer (Treliant).
- Advising on the £17.5m acquisition of three holdcos with subsidiaries operating in the energy sector from an investment fund and individual minority shareholders including corporate restructuring at the subsidiary level.
- Advising a confidential client on an investment into it by a charity fund.
- Advising multiple clients on share buybacks and corporate restructuring, including share for share exchanges.
- Acting for numerous early stage startups on angel investment rounds and later stage companies on VC and Series A investment rounds from term sheet stage to completion.
- Advising Norilsk Nickel on shareholder arrangements in relation to a long-term nickel and cobalt supply deal with BASF.
- Advising Russian investment fund United Capital Partners on a joint acquisition with Trafigura of a 49% stake in Essar Oil Limited and the Essar ports, refinery and retail businesses for US$12.9 bn, simultaneous with the acquisition of a 49% stake by Rosneft.
- Assisting Goldman Sachs and Baring Vostok on the acquisition of a 49.5% interest in Familia, a Russian discount clothes retail chain.