Jo worked at Magic Circle firm Allen & Overy LLP for over 10 years before becoming in-house legal counsel at Macquarie Capital and then joining Ignition. Her primary focus is on corporate matters, dealing with funding rounds, mergers and acquisitions, founder exits, corporate structuring and corporate governance more generally.
Relevant experience includes:
- Advising various start-up and scale-up companies on seed funding, follow-on investment rounds, restructurings and founder exits.
- Advising on various corporate, commercial and compliance matters in relation to Macquarie Capital’s role as a principal investor in transactions in Europe and the Middle East.
- Advising on Macquarie’s collaboration with Low Carbon, the renewable energy investment company, to finance and deliver a portfolio of up to 300MW new solar projects in the United Kingdom.
- Advising OMERS Private Equity and Alberta Investment Management Corporation on their acquisition of Vue Entertainment for GBP935m.
- Working with The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, on secondment as in-house counsel, on the sale of RBS Aviation Capital to Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group for approximately GBP5 billion.
- Advising Eversholt Investment Group, a consortium comprising of STAR Capital Partners, 3i Infrastructure plc and Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners, on the acquisition of Eversholt Rail Group from HSBC Asset Finance (UK) Ltd for GBP2.1bn.
- Advising a FTSE 100 company on general corporate and compliance matters.