An experienced commercial litigation lawyer in London, Tammy qualified in 2002 and has since worked at City law firms in contentious practices. Here she has developed expertise across a wide range of dispute resolution, mediation and arbitration matters on a national and international level.
Tammy advises on the full spectrum of commercial litigation across all sectors, including shareholder disputes, commercial contract disputes, media litigation, Intellectual property disputes, professional negligence actions, judicial review claims, emergency injunctive work and financial litigation. Tammy has represented clients in the High Court and Court of Appeal and before numerous arbitral bodies and often works on cross border disputes involving multiple jurisdictions.
Tammy was named as an Associate to Watch in Chambers & Partners in 2015-2018.
Relevant experience includes:
- Advising Claimants in a multi-million pound constructive trust and breach of contract claim concerning the ownership and development of The Shard.
- Advising a minority shareholder on the terms of their exit from a company and navigating the retention of shares and ongoing protections.
- Advising the Defendants to a copyright infringement claim involving the development of blockchain technology and a multi-million pound counterclaim.
- Advising a claimant in respect of a £22m ICC arbitration claim against an international arms manufacturer.
- Advising a high profile individual in relation to a personal guarantee given in support of gap-film financing.
- Obtaining injunctive relief, freezing orders and Norwich Pharmacal orders in support of a liquidating trust connected with a £250m fraud.
- Advising a Defendant in a patent dispute, including a counterclaim seeking revocation of a patent.
- Advising on an IT dispute regarding website production and cloud services.
- Acting in respect of breaches of restrictive covenants contained within employment agreements, including obtaining injunctive relief.
- Advising majority shareholders on a dispute with a shareholder employee and navigating their removal from the board of the company and as a shareholder.
- Obtaining injunctive relief and gagging orders in relation to a conspiracy claim.
- Successfully representing a claimant in a claim for professional negligence brought against a law firm, resulting in an award of approximately £4m, including successfully defending the award at the Court of Appeal.
- Successfully defending an application for judicial review in respect of insurance backed guarantees.