Lauren O’Sullivan, our property dispute resolution expert, accumulated 10 years’ experience working in private practice at Pinsent Masons, before leaving to join the Ignition team. Lauren has a broad range of experience, from supporting large institutional landlords with the management of their property portfolios, to advising tenant start-ups across a variety of sectors.
However, Lauren’s specialism centres on helping clients to anticipate, avoid, mitigate and navigate disputes and prides herself on taking a commercial and practical approach to order to reach viable and pragmatic solutions.
Recent relevant experience includes:
- Successfully negotiating and agreeing rent arrears and surrender settlements for tenant clients during COVID 19.
- Advising tenants in respect of tricky break options, serving break notices, and navigating smooth and dispute-free exits.
- Dealing with end of term dilapidations settlements.
- Recovering rent deposits that were unlawfully retained by landlords.
- Advising tenants and landlords on their remedies in light of breaches by their counterparties.
- Supporting with security of tenure lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 (opposed and unopposed).
- Supporting both institutional landlords and plc tenants with property portfolio asset management.