Djamela has five years’ experience in international commercial dispute resolution, including arbitration and litigation. She has worked on disputes arising across many different industries including banking & finance, construction and technology.
Djamela has previously worked for Dispute Resolution practices in Dubai, London and Paris on both local and cross-border matters.
She also has training in Corporate, Banking & Finance and Project Finance Law.
Relevant experience includes:
- Acting for claimants in respect of vehicles illegally manufactured in contravention of EU regulations
- Acting for high net-worth family in fraud allegations against regulated investment advisors
- Acting for investment company as respondent to a third-party disclosure application
- Assisted on case relating to EU commission allegations of cartel participation
- Assisted on case arising out of a mezzanine financing agreement for a mine acquisition of US$2.5 billion
- Assisted on dispute between a luxury vehicle manufacturer and its international distributor in relation to profit allocations
- Assisted on case relating to a technology and healthcare merger investigation by the Competition & Markets Authority
- Represented listed aerospace manufacturer in five concurrent ICC arbitrations
- Provided arbitration advice to leading international bank on regulatory dispute arising from a European acquisition in relation to prospects and strategy
- Advised a national French bank in respect of arbitration proceedings commenced by Middle Eastern bank
- Advised a Middle Eastern steel company in relation to disputes arising under English law agreements