What do you do for your clients at Ignition Law?
I listen a lot. I try to solve problems, pre-empt issues and add real value.
Working with clients at Ignition is about a ‘can do’, humble and very collaborative approach to legal advice. The breadth of issues is diverse, but way of solving them isn’t. Integrity and trust are integral to properly advise start-ups scale ups and entrepreneurial clients.
What gets me out of bed in the morning
Two key things:-
1). People – working with motivated, creative, and ‘can do’ people – both inspiring colleagues and clients alike.
2). Problem solving – working in a busy environment to fix and add value by solving challenges in a highly commercial way for clients I care about deeply. Our advice has to be responsive, pragmatic but also add real value, which is both fulfilling and stimulating.
An entrepreneur I admire
Team Bear Grylls. It is awe inspiring to see an entrepreneur, CEO and team so driven, so successful, but also humble and kind in equal measure. As is the culture, trust and drive of all colleagues, stakeholders and partners in Team Bear on an amazing mission and journey. Humility, integrity and kindness are so important in our society; entrepreneurs, such as Team Bear, lead the world here as role models. The fact that entrepreneurs weather storms, never give up and come through with good grace, true to themselves, and with their sense of humour firmly in tact is one of the best bits of working with them!
What Would You Put on your Ignition Law playList or bookshelf?
- Always Looking up: the Adventures of an Incurable Optimist – Michael J Fox – (link here)
- Give & Take: Why Helping Others Drives our Success – Adam Grant – (link here)
- Factfulness : Ten Reasons We’re Wrong about the World, and Why things are Better Than You Think – Hans Rosling – (link here)
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of NIKE – (link here)
- Start with Why – Simon Sinek – (link here)
- Conscious Capitalism – Raj Sisodia – (link here)
- Radical Candour – Kim Scott – (link here)
- WorkLIfe – Adam Grant & Ted (link here)
- Masters of Scale – with Reid Hoffman (link here)
- The Bottom Line – with Evan Davies (link here)
A social cause I care about is
- Gender diversity and empowerment in the workplace
- Opening law to all; including agile workers, those working around children and those running small businesses, who have so much to contribute and who should also enjoy career progression and long term opportunities.