Corporate transactional and funds lawyer Tara Walsh has over 12 years’ experience across a wide variety of transactional and advisory matters. While her primary background is in cross-border M&A and advising corporate and institutional clients, her experience also covers funds formation, fund investment and strategic investments, including joint ventures and other cross-border structures, for managers, founders and investors.
Following her studies at Cambridge and training at Freshfield Bruckhaus Deringer, Tara has worked at the London offices of several US firms and as a senior associate in the funds transactional practice at CMS, before transitioning to an in-house role at Lloyds Banking Group, and a stint with brokerage firm, Cantor Fitzgerald. She has also worked as a lead private markets lawyer for Tesco Pension Investments focusing on private equity, income generating, credit, and real estate investments for the scheme.
Recent Relevant Experience:
- Head of Corporate Legal, Smart Pension
- Private Markets In-house Counsel, Tesco Pension Investments
- Private Equity Lawyer, Castik Capital
- Senior Associate, Funds and Indirect Real Assets: CMS Cameron McKenna Olswang LLP
- Associate, Corporate M&A: McDermott Will & Emery LLP
- Associate, Private Equity: Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP