Rashida trained at global law firm Hogan Lovells where for just under a decade she represented clients across a wide range of industry sectors in commercial disputes including breach of contract claims, joint venture disputes, shareholder disputes and intellectual property disputes. Her experience encompasses international arbitrations conducted under major institutional rules (ICC, LCIA), ad hoc arbitrations and litigation before the English Courts.
Passionate about helping clients to resolve their disputes as efficiently as possible, Rashida particularly enjoys working with clients to minimise the impact of disputes through alternative dispute resolution, including negotiated settlements and mediation.
Rashida is also a recognised Africa-focused legal expert and is regularly invited to present on topics relating to doing business in Africa and the future of legal services including by various media outlets, the International Bar Association and the University of Oxford.
Relevant experience includes:
- Acting for an international beverage company in LCIA arbitration proceedings concerning a breach of contract claim.
- Acting for a telecommunications manufacturer in ICC arbitration proceedings concerning royalty payments under a licence agreement.
- Providing strategic advice to a multinational company in relation to a joint venture in Kenya.
- Conducting settlement negotiations and drafting settlement agreements in respect of breach of contract and shareholder disputes.
- Acting on behalf of the sellers of a cable network in ICC arbitration proceedings relating to disputes arising under the sale and purchase agreement.