Rachelle is a disputes lawyer specialising in civil fraud and asset recovery and general commercial litigation. She has experience handling complex and high value commercial disputes having acted on a number of reported High Court and Court of Appeal cases, including one of The Lawyer’s top 20 cases of 2022.
Rachelle has experience acting for both claimants and defendants and advising clients on a broad range of matters including freezing injunctions, cross-border issues and other forms of interim relief. Rachelle has worked for a variety of clients including corporates, banks and individuals.
Rachelle started her legal career at Pinsent Masons in 2015, splitting her training contract across the firm’s London and Dubai offices, before qualifying into Pinsent Masons’ London litigation team. Whilst at Pinsent Masons, Rachelle received positive feedback from clients and was described as a “superb litigator who will be a big star” in the Legal 500.
Relevant experience includes:
- Acting for six of the eight defendants in the high profile Privatbank v Kolomoisky & Ors claim worth over USD $2 billion. All defendants were subject to a worldwide freezing order and challenged the jurisdiction of the English court.
- Acting for a demolition company in a harassment and breach of confidence claim. Obtained injunctive relief in the High Court under the Protection from Harassment Act.
- Defending proceedings for a demolition company in a breach of contract claim brought in the Technology and Construction Court. The claim was successfully defended following trial in July 2021.
- Advising a demolition company giving extensive non-party disclosure in high value High Court fraud proceedings issued against the company’s CEO and former CFO.
- Acting as a supervising solicitor in relation to doorstep delivery-up orders executed across five premises in London.
- Defending a Swiss bank in a multi-million pound fraud claim which was heard at a 40 day High Court trial and subsequently appealed to the Court of Appeal.