Emma is a former General Counsel with excellent experience across a range of corporate and commercial matters. She has specific expertise in relation to key growth stages for start ups and scale ups.
Emma started her career at Magic Circle firm Allen & Overy LLP where she practised as an M&A lawyer in London and Hong Kong. Thereafter, she spent more than a decade working in-house for Formula One Management, Wasserman Media Group and most recently, as General Counsel for Congenica, a Cambridge-based biotech start up. In each role Emma has advised on a broad range of corporate, commercial and operational matters. Her experience includes the drafting and negotiating of commercial contracts, partnership agreements, supply of goods and services contracts (b2b and b2c), procurement contracts and outsourcing agreements; supporting with and negotiating on tender submissions; managing intellectual property licensing and protection; advising on key growth activity such as M&A and fundraising rounds; managing data protection risk and additional company secretarial and compliance matters.
Relevant experience includes:
- Leading a company through its £40 million Series C fundraise and coordinating international investors, internal stakeholders and founders.
- Professionalising a business and preparing it for exit, including building legal and operational infrastructure from scratch to take the company from start up to scale up across all functions.
- Advising management and shareholders in numerous share and asset acquisitions.
- Negotiating key partnership agreements between the business, institutions and investors.
- Implementing new operational systems, processes, technology and templates for contracting with customers and suppliers.