Charlotte has many years’ experience working on a wide range of corporate transactions.
Charlotte joined Ignition in 2020 after 13 years practicing in London, including lastly at Wedlake Bell.
Charlotte’s extensive experience includes advising on mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, group restructures, shareholders’ agreements, management buyouts, joint ventures, debt for equity swaps, capital reductions, share buybacks, loan note instruments , corporate governance, LLP agreements and general corporate advice.
Recent corporate relevant experience includes:
- Advising a number of companies on pre-seed, seed and post-seed investment rounds including preparing and advising on constitutional documents including shareholders agreements, capital re-organisations, reverse vesting terms and share options.
- Acting for sellers and buyers on a large number of both share and asset acquisitions and disposals across a wide range of business sectors including healthcare, leisure, haulage, advertising & marketing, IT, insurance and real estate
- Advising on various international transactions including the purchase of a number of Delaware limited liability companies and Luxembourg registered companies and the disposal of a number of Panamanian companies.
- Advising on the establishment of an international joint venture relating to the development of carbon capture technology with joint venture parties including institutional investors and universities and acting on two further investment rounds thereafter.
- Advising on a s110 demerger of a family company which owned a large residential and commercial property portfolio.
- Advising the members of an LLP with a FCA regulated subsidiary in respect of the disposal of a majority of the membership interests in the LLP to an overseas national bank.
- Advising on the disposal of a 50% interest in a logistics and haulage company and the ongoing joint venture arrangements between the parties.
- Undertaking due diligence and advising a high street bank ahead of lending on various completed and proposed corporate transactions including group restructures, share buybacks and business and asset acquisitions.
- Advising an unincorporated members association whose members were comprised of representatives from over 40 banks and building societies on incorporation and constitutional matters.